In the first deal involving a Chinese company taking a financial stake in a Hollywood talent agency, Jeff Berg’s Resolution said today that Beijing-based Bison Capital Holdings has made an investment in the company. The deal means Resolution will advise and consult for Bison, whose founder Peixin Xu serves as an independent director of China’s Bona Film Group, which is 17%-owned by 21st Century Fox. Also, News Corp China Investments CEO Jack Gao will join Resolution’s board of directors. “This partnership will allow us to fund strategic expansion in the global marketplace,” Berg said in announcing the deal today. Bison’s China-based media investments include AirMedia Group, a provider of advertising platforms outside of the home in China. David Unger, the first agent from Berg’s former home ICM to join Resolution after its founding in January 2013, was key in the Bison deal; in addition to film and TV clients he guides Resolution’s media finance group and is the main player on the international side. Berg said Unger will “be coordinating our new China activities as we build our presence in Beijing with Bison.”
Jeff Berg’s Resolution Agency Gets Investment Boost From China
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'
- Paramount Shifts 'Scouts Vs Zombies', 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Release Dates
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Bill Hader To Host 'SNL' October 11
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living