Hasbro, Blumhouse Prods, Scooter Braun Prods and Jon M. Chu (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) are partnering to bring Hasbro’s 1980s cult classic cartoon series Jem And The Holograms to the big screen. Chu, Jason Blum and Scooter Braun made the announcement today on Tumblr and are asking fans to help in the creative process (see video below). Chu is directing from a script by Ryan Landels with production set to begin this spring. Mixing music, art, technology, and fairytale, Jem And The Holograms reimagines Jem for a whole new generation with themes of being true to who you are in a multitasking, hyperlinked social-media age. When an orphaned teenage girl becomes an online recording sensation, she and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt – one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father. Hasbro, Blumhouse and SBP are producing. Chu is repped by WME, Principato-Young and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder; Landels is with WME, Kersey Management and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder and Hasbro is repped by WME. Check out the video:
Jason Blum, Scooter Braun Prods & Jon M. Chu Team With Hasbro On ‘Jem And The Holograms': Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video