New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures will release the Steven Quale-helmed Into The Storm on August 8, 2014. This is the first teaser for the pic, which is told through the eyes and lenses of professional storm chasers, thrill-seeking amateurs, and courageous townspeople, throwing you “directly into the eye of the storm to experience Mother Nature at her most extreme.” John Swetnam wrote the script and Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Nathan Kress, Jon Reep and Jeremy Sumpter star. A lot has improved VFX-wise since Warners’ 1996 tornado pic Twister, so this looks pretty great (check out the teaser below). But it sure is a tough time to promo a pic from the disaster genre, what with the Malaysian Airlines plane and its 239 passengers still missing and the tragedy in Washington state where rescuers are faced with recovering an entire neighborhood that essentially disappeared under a wave of mud.
Hot Trailer: Warner Bros’ ‘Into The Storm’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Hipes
- Golden Globes Nominations: 'Birdman', 'Imitation Game' & 'Boyhood' Lead Film, More Surprises On TV Side
- SAG Awards Nominations: 'Birdman' & 'Boyhood' Lead Film Side, HBO & 'Modern Family' Rule TV – Full List
- Oscars' VFX Shortlist: Usual Suspects Make Cut, But Bible Pics Cast Out
- 'The Gambler' Release Date: Paramount All In, Moves It To Christmas Day Wide Bow
- Writers Guild TV Nominations: 'True Detective' & 'Louie' Lead Way, Amazon Breaks Through With 'Transparent'