New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures will release the Steven Quale-helmed Into The Storm on August 8, 2014. This is the first teaser for the pic, which is told through the eyes and lenses of professional storm chasers, thrill-seeking amateurs, and courageous townspeople, throwing you “directly into the eye of the storm to experience Mother Nature at her most extreme.” John Swetnam wrote the script and Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Nathan Kress, Jon Reep and Jeremy Sumpter star. A lot has improved VFX-wise since Warners’ 1996 tornado pic Twister, so this looks pretty great (check out the teaser below). But it sure is a tough time to promo a pic from the disaster genre, what with the Malaysian Airlines plane and its 239 passengers still missing and the tragedy in Washington state where rescuers are faced with recovering an entire neighborhood that essentially disappeared under a wave of mud.
Hot Trailer: Warner Bros’ ‘Into The Storm’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival