EXCLUSIVE: Just more than a week after Sundance Selects picked up North American rights to Hellion, the pic’s writer-director Kat Candler has signed with ICM Partners. In competition in this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Hellion is Candler’s feature debut and stars Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul, who was also a co-exec producer. Newcomer Josh Wiggins and Juliette Lewis co-star in the the film, which focuses on a family falling apart fast after the death of the mother. Candler adapted Hellion from her own short film that screened at Sundance two years ago. The film is produced by Kelly Williams & Jonathan Duffy and executive produced by Jeff Nichols (Mud) and Sarah Green. It is scheduled to be released theatrically and on VOD later this year and to play at SXSW this week. Candler continues to also be represented by attorney Deena Kalai.
ICM Partners Signs ‘Hellion’ Director Kat Candler
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit