Here’s our first look at Columbia Pictures‘ take on the Tony-winning Broadway musical-turned-feature. Beasts Of The Southern Wild breakout Quvenzhané Wallis stars as Annie as the precocious foster kid from Harlem who is taken in by mega-rich mayoral hopeful Will Stacks (Jamie Foxx). Cameron Diaz — who took the Miss Hannigan role after Sandra Bullock passed — Bobby Cannavale and Rose Byrne co-star in the pic, which reimagines classic tunes including “Hard Knock Life” and “Tomorrow.” Will Gluck directs from a script he co-wrote with Aline Brosh McKenna and Emma Thompson. Gluck also is producing with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith, Shawn “Jay Z” Carter, Jay Brown, Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith, and Caleeb Pinkett. Jeffrey Wetzel and Olive Bridge Entertainment’s Alicia Emmrich are co-producers. Have a look:
Hot Trailer: Quvenzhané Wallis In ‘Annie’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video