Here’s our first look at Columbia Pictures‘ take on the Tony-winning Broadway musical-turned-feature. Beasts Of The Southern Wild breakout Quvenzhané Wallis stars as Annie as the precocious foster kid from Harlem who is taken in by mega-rich mayoral hopeful Will Stacks (Jamie Foxx). Cameron Diaz — who took the Miss Hannigan role after Sandra Bullock passed — Bobby Cannavale and Rose Byrne co-star in the pic, which reimagines classic tunes including “Hard Knock Life” and “Tomorrow.” Will Gluck directs from a script he co-wrote with Aline Brosh McKenna and Emma Thompson. Gluck also is producing with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith, Shawn “Jay Z” Carter, Jay Brown, Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith, and Caleeb Pinkett. Jeffrey Wetzel and Olive Bridge Entertainment’s Alicia Emmrich are co-producers. Have a look:
Hot Trailer: Quvenzhané Wallis In ‘Annie’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production