Here’s a first look at the eponymous bear in the David Heyman-produced Paddington. The Weinstein Co’s TWC-Dimension label is releasing the movie in the U.S. on December 12; it will go out ahead of that in the UK on November 28 via Studiocanal which is fully financing. Colin Firth voices Paddington, the curious young Peruvian bear with a passion for all things British who travels to London in search of a home. Lost and alone at Paddington Station, he meets the kindly Brown family who offer him a temporary haven. It looks as though his luck has changed, until he catches the eye of a museum taxidermist played by Nicole Kidman. Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters and Jim Broadbent also star. Paul King (Come Fly With Me, The Mighty Boosh) directs. The UK’s Framestore, which received so much recognition on the recent awards circuit for its work on Gravity, is handling VFX.
Hot Teaser: ‘Paddington’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?