Here’s a first look at the eponymous bear in the David Heyman-produced Paddington. The Weinstein Co’s TWC-Dimension label is releasing the movie in the U.S. on December 12; it will go out ahead of that in the UK on November 28 via Studiocanal which is fully financing. Colin Firth voices Paddington, the curious young Peruvian bear with a passion for all things British who travels to London in search of a home. Lost and alone at Paddington Station, he meets the kindly Brown family who offer him a temporary haven. It looks as though his luck has changed, until he catches the eye of a museum taxidermist played by Nicole Kidman. Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters and Jim Broadbent also star. Paul King (Come Fly With Me, The Mighty Boosh) directs. The UK’s Framestore, which received so much recognition on the recent awards circuit for its work on Gravity, is handling VFX.
Hot Teaser: ‘Paddington’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’