EXCLUSIVE: In the grand tradition of Borat and recent Paramount hit Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, prank comedy hybrid May The Best Man Win combines narrative storytelling with hidden camera stunts pulled on real folks, starring Drew Tarver of the upcoming sitcom spin-off How I Met Your Dad, Whitmer Thomas of Comedy Central’s pilot Crazy House, and Rosa Salazar of NBC’s pilot The Pro. Directed by That Awkward Moment producer and Brit comedy vet Andrew O’Connor (Balls of Steel, Peep Show), the hard-R gotcha-comedy tracks YouTube pranksters Whit and Drew who recruit a girl into their team and then compete for her affections in a series of embarrassing and outrageous challenges. Last summer the What If It Barks Films production made headlines in L.A. with one of their pranks, in which dozens of actresses were asked to audition in blackface and impersonate Hitler for a bit that left a number of would-be starlets upset. Pic is scripted by O’Connor, Matthew Robinson, and Lee Hupfield and world premieres tonight in SXSW‘s Visions program. O’Connor, Robinson, Lee Hupfield, and Ray Marshall are producers and Andrew Newman, Oliver Obst, and Manu Gargi exec produced. Here’s an exclusive taste:
Hot SXSW Clip: Prank Comedy ‘May The Best Man Win’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'