EXCLUSIVE: In the grand tradition of Borat and recent Paramount hit Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, prank comedy hybrid May The Best Man Win combines narrative storytelling with hidden camera stunts pulled on real folks, starring Drew Tarver of the upcoming sitcom spin-off How I Met Your Dad, Whitmer Thomas of Comedy Central’s pilot Crazy House, and Rosa Salazar of NBC’s pilot The Pro. Directed by That Awkward Moment producer and Brit comedy vet Andrew O’Connor (Balls of Steel, Peep Show), the hard-R gotcha-comedy tracks YouTube pranksters Whit and Drew who recruit a girl into their team and then compete for her affections in a series of embarrassing and outrageous challenges. Last summer the What If It Barks Films production made headlines in L.A. with one of their pranks, in which dozens of actresses were asked to audition in blackface and impersonate Hitler for a bit that left a number of would-be starlets upset. Pic is scripted by O’Connor, Matthew Robinson, and Lee Hupfield and world premieres tonight in SXSW‘s Visions program. O’Connor, Robinson, Lee Hupfield, and Ray Marshall are producers and Andrew Newman, Oliver Obst, and Manu Gargi exec produced. Here’s an exclusive taste:
Hot SXSW Clip: Prank Comedy ‘May The Best Man Win’
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- The Orchard Lands ‘Outside In’ & Magnolia Acquires ‘The Gospel According To André’; Both…
- Bart & Fleming: How Bad Was Movie Summer 2017?