EXCLUSIVE: The actor has booked a baddie gig in the hybrid live-action/CGI pic. Holt McCallany is joining Lucas Till, Amy Ryan and Jane Levy in Paramount Animation’s Monster Trucks for director Chris Wedge (Epic, Ice Age). He’ll play Burke, an intense and dangerous security contractor who will stop at nothing to get his job done — even it means roughing up teenagers. Paramount is hoping to fire up a Transformers-type franchise with the pic scripted Jonathan Aibel & Glenn Berger and produced by Mary Parent. The pic arrives May 29, 2015. McCallany’s recent credits include toplining the drama series Golden Boy at CBS and Lights Out for FX along with big-screen appearances in Gangster Squad and Bullet To The Head. He recently wrapped shooting on the features Run All Night and Cyber. McCallany is repped by APA, Mosaic, and attorney Rick Genow.
Holt McCallany Revs Up Villainous Role In Paramount’s ‘Monster Trucks’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession