EXCLUSIVE: The actor has booked a baddie gig in the hybrid live-action/CGI pic. Holt McCallany is joining Lucas Till, Amy Ryan and Jane Levy in Paramount Animation’s Monster Trucks for director Chris Wedge (Epic, Ice Age). He’ll play Burke, an intense and dangerous security contractor who will stop at nothing to get his job done — even it means roughing up teenagers. Paramount is hoping to fire up a Transformers-type franchise with the pic scripted Jonathan Aibel & Glenn Berger and produced by Mary Parent. The pic arrives May 29, 2015. McCallany’s recent credits include toplining the drama series Golden Boy at CBS and Lights Out for FX along with big-screen appearances in Gangster Squad and Bullet To The Head. He recently wrapped shooting on the features Run All Night and Cyber. McCallany is repped by APA, Mosaic, and attorney Rick Genow.
Holt McCallany Revs Up Villainous Role In Paramount’s ‘Monster Trucks’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency