Homeland‘s Sarita Choudhury, Omar Elba, Tracey Fairaway, David Menkin and Tom Skerritt have joined A Hologram For The King, the Tom Tykwer– written and -directed adaptation of the Dave Eggers novel that stars Tom Hanks. This is the comedic drama we broke about in June, when the project surfaced with a splash. Shooting began today in Morocco on the movie, which is a reteam of Tykwer and Hanks who did Cloud Atlas together. Hanks plays a struggling businessman who heads for a rising Saudi Arabian city, far from weary, recession-scarred America, in a last-ditch attempt to stave off foreclosure, pay his daughter’s college tuition, and finally do something great. The book was a finalist for the National Book Award in 2012. The production will also shoot in Germany and the plan is to wrap in June. Uwe Schott and Stefan Arndt of X Filme Creative Pool are producing with Arcadiy Golubovich and Timothy D. O’Hair of Primeridian, and Hanks and Gary Goetzman of Playtone in association with Silver Reel Entertainment and Fábrica de Cine. Eggers, Playtone’s Steven Shareshian, Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber of Silver Reel, Gaston Pavlovich of Fabrica de Cine, and Bill Johnson and Jim Seibel of Lotus International will executive produce. CAA is repping domestic rights and Lotus is selling international.
Tom Tykwer’s Tom Hanks-Starrer ‘A Hologram For The King’ Finalizes Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Participant Media Wins Auction For Rupert Wyatt’s ‘Captive State’
- Emma Stone Hopes ‘La La Land’ Will Inspire Young People To Ditch Cynicism – Venice
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- ‘La La Land’ Venice Review: A Gorgeous Musical Romance For This Age – And The Ages
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’