Homeland‘s Sarita Choudhury, Omar Elba, Tracey Fairaway, David Menkin and Tom Skerritt have joined A Hologram For The King, the Tom Tykwer– written and -directed adaptation of the Dave Eggers novel that stars Tom Hanks. This is the comedic drama we broke about in June, when the project surfaced with a splash. Shooting began today in Morocco on the movie, which is a reteam of Tykwer and Hanks who did Cloud Atlas together. Hanks plays a struggling businessman who heads for a rising Saudi Arabian city, far from weary, recession-scarred America, in a last-ditch attempt to stave off foreclosure, pay his daughter’s college tuition, and finally do something great. The book was a finalist for the National Book Award in 2012. The production will also shoot in Germany and the plan is to wrap in June. Uwe Schott and Stefan Arndt of X Filme Creative Pool are producing with Arcadiy Golubovich and Timothy D. O’Hair of Primeridian, and Hanks and Gary Goetzman of Playtone in association with Silver Reel Entertainment and Fábrica de Cine. Eggers, Playtone’s Steven Shareshian, Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber of Silver Reel, Gaston Pavlovich of Fabrica de Cine, and Bill Johnson and Jim Seibel of Lotus International will executive produce. CAA is repping domestic rights and Lotus is selling international.
Tom Tykwer’s Tom Hanks-Starrer ‘A Hologram For The King’ Finalizes Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures
- ‘Radioactive’: Sam Riley & More Board Marie Curie Biopic Led By Rosamund Pike
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”