There was some Broadway, some midwestern acceptance and, not unexpectedly, a whole lot of unhappy people on the Season 3 finale of Girls on HBO last night. Following an airing of The Hangover Part III, the 10 PM “Two Plane Rides” episode drew 670,000 viewers. That’s up 6% from the 632,000 viewers who tuned in for the Girls Season 2 finale at 9PM on March 17, 2013. It’s also down from the show’s series high of 1.1 million viewers from Girls’ Season 3 debut on January 12, which had the premiere of True Detective as its lead-in. Girls’ Season 1 finale pulled in 1 million viewers for its June 17, 2012 airing. Over three showings last night’s episode, which was directed and written by creator/star Lena Dunham, was seen by 1 million viewers. The Emmy winning and Golden Globe nominated and frequently skin showing show was renewed by HBO for a fourth season on January 9 even before its Season 3 began. On average, Season 3 was even with Season 2 with gross viewership of 4.6 million.
HBO’s ‘Girls’ Steady In Season 3 Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report