There was some Broadway, some midwestern acceptance and, not unexpectedly, a whole lot of unhappy people on the Season 3 finale of Girls on HBO last night. Following an airing of The Hangover Part III, the 10 PM “Two Plane Rides” episode drew 670,000 viewers. That’s up 6% from the 632,000 viewers who tuned in for the Girls Season 2 finale at 9PM on March 17, 2013. It’s also down from the show’s series high of 1.1 million viewers from Girls’ Season 3 debut on January 12, which had the premiere of True Detective as its lead-in. Girls’ Season 1 finale pulled in 1 million viewers for its June 17, 2012 airing. Over three showings last night’s episode, which was directed and written by creator/star Lena Dunham, was seen by 1 million viewers. The Emmy winning and Golden Globe nominated and frequently skin showing show was renewed by HBO for a fourth season on January 9 even before its Season 3 began. On average, Season 3 was even with Season 2 with gross viewership of 4.6 million.
HBO’s ‘Girls’ Steady In Season 3 Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA
- TLC’s Elvia Van Es Oliva Joins Studio Ramsay To Head U.S. Office