The veteran TV game show host, actor and radio personality died today of pneumonia at St. John’s Health Center in Santa Monica. Geoff Edwards was 83. He hosted a series of game shows from the 1970s into the early ’90s, including Jackpot!, The New Treasure Hunt, a later version called Treasure Hunt, Shoot For The Stars, Play It By Ear and Chain Reaction. He might be best known to viewers in the Golden State as the longtime host of The Big Spin, the California Lottery’s TV show. He also appeared on a number of TV series ranging from Petticoat Junction and I Dream Of Jeannie to The Paper Chase, Diff’rent Strokes and Trapper John, M.D. and was the straight man to the star on NBC’s short-lived variety series The Bobby Darin Show in 1973. Edwards was a regular on Southern California radio for decades, starting in San Diego in the 1950s and landing at KMPC in Los Angeles in 1968. He also worked at KFI and the former KSUR.
R.I.P. Game Show Host Geoff Edwards
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’