With a worldwide box office cume of $1.03B and counting, Disney‘s toon hit home video with momentum this week. Fueled by presales, Frozen racked up 3.2M combined DVD and Blu-ray sales during its first day of release Tuesday, the studio said. That’s a decidedly strong start for the global box office’s No. 2 animated pic of all time, which has its eye on No. 1, but its awards-season rival posted similarly impressive early numbers. Universal’s toon sequel Despicable Me 2 moved a record-breaking 4.5M units during its first week on home video. Not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, especially given that DM2 streeted two weeks before Christmas. Then again, Frozen sledded home with the animated feature Oscar this month. How about them apples, Gru?
‘Frozen’ Day 1 Vid Sales Snowball to 3.2M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Netflix Acquires Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman,' Starring Robert De Niro
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?