EXCLUSIVE: After recurring on Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s freshman season, Joel McKinnon Miller and Dirk Blocker have been upped to regular for Season 2 on the Fox comedy series, from Universal TV. Miller, repped by Greene & Associates and Howard Entertainment, plays Detective Scully, the bumbling veteran of the police force who serves as the office’s punching bag. Blocker plays the frequently shirtless Detective Hitchcock on the series set in the NYPD’s 99th Precinct in Brooklyn. Scully and Hitchcock have been standout characters and got their own holiday video (watch it below). Brooklyn Nine-Nine was one of three Fox comedies, along with New Girl and The Mindy Project, that received an early renewal. It has been one of the most heralded freshman series, winning Golden Globe Awards for Best Comedy Series and Comedy Actor for Andy Samberg.
Fox’s ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Ups Joel McKinnon Miller, Dirk Blocker To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53