EXCLUSIVE: After recurring on Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s freshman season, Joel McKinnon Miller and Dirk Blocker have been upped to regular for Season 2 on the Fox comedy series, from Universal TV. Miller, repped by Greene & Associates and Howard Entertainment, plays Detective Scully, the bumbling veteran of the police force who serves as the office’s punching bag. Blocker plays the frequently shirtless Detective Hitchcock on the series set in the NYPD’s 99th Precinct in Brooklyn. Scully and Hitchcock have been standout characters and got their own holiday video (watch it below). Brooklyn Nine-Nine was one of three Fox comedies, along with New Girl and The Mindy Project, that received an early renewal. It has been one of the most heralded freshman series, winning Golden Globe Awards for Best Comedy Series and Comedy Actor for Andy Samberg.
Fox’s ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Ups Joel McKinnon Miller, Dirk Blocker To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres