EXCLUSIVE: After recurring on Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s freshman season, Joel McKinnon Miller and Dirk Blocker have been upped to regular for Season 2 on the Fox comedy series, from Universal TV. Miller, repped by Greene & Associates and Howard Entertainment, plays Detective Scully, the bumbling veteran of the police force who serves as the office’s punching bag. Blocker plays the frequently shirtless Detective Hitchcock on the series set in the NYPD’s 99th Precinct in Brooklyn. Scully and Hitchcock have been standout characters and got their own holiday video (watch it below). Brooklyn Nine-Nine was one of three Fox comedies, along with New Girl and The Mindy Project, that received an early renewal. It has been one of the most heralded freshman series, winning Golden Globe Awards for Best Comedy Series and Comedy Actor for Andy Samberg.
Fox’s ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Ups Joel McKinnon Miller, Dirk Blocker To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'