EXCLUSIVE: After recurring on Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s freshman season, Joel McKinnon Miller and Dirk Blocker have been upped to regular for Season 2 on the Fox comedy series, from Universal TV. Miller, repped by Greene & Associates and Howard Entertainment, plays Detective Scully, the bumbling veteran of the police force who serves as the office’s punching bag. Blocker plays the frequently shirtless Detective Hitchcock on the series set in the NYPD’s 99th Precinct in Brooklyn. Scully and Hitchcock have been standout characters and got their own holiday video (watch it below). Brooklyn Nine-Nine was one of three Fox comedies, along with New Girl and The Mindy Project, that received an early renewal. It has been one of the most heralded freshman series, winning Golden Globe Awards for Best Comedy Series and Comedy Actor for Andy Samberg.
Fox’s ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Ups Joel McKinnon Miller, Dirk Blocker To Regular
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup