The studio has set aside some real estate three years down the line for a pair of superhero properties and a summer 2018 date for another Marvel pic. Fox said tonight that Fantastic Four 2 — the sequel to its reboot of the comic book quartet that doesn’t hit theaters for another 15 months — will bow on July 14, 2017, and the next Wolverine pic will arrive March 3, 2017. The studio also booked July 13, 2018, for an undisclosed Marvel film. Fanboys’ fingers likely are cramping already as they weigh in online about exactly what that movie will be. All three dates are exclusive to the pics for now.
Fox Unveils Dates For ‘Fantastic Four’ & ‘Wolverine’ Sequels, Untitled Marvel Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM