EXCLUSIVE: Famke Janssen has closed her deal to reprise her role in Taken 3, opposite Liam Neeson and Maggie Grace. Another film seemed a natural, since the franchise has done more than $600 million in global box office. Janssen has so far been limited to playing the helpless housewife, and I am not sure if it has occurred to the filmmakers at Europa, but Janssen has a very particular set of skills she has acquired over a very long career, skills that would make her a nightmare for the bad guys who show up in these movies. The Dutch actress first came to prominence as the femme fatale Xenia Onatopp in the James Bond film Goldeneye, as she was cracking guys’ spines like walnuts with her aerobicized thighs. As X-Men’s Phoenix, she nearly destroyed the world with her powers. Neeson’s got to be tired by now, so isn’t it time to give Janssen a chance to kick some ass? She will next be seen in Screen Gems’ A Fighting Man with James Caan and Louis Gossett Jr and Eli Roth’s Netflix series Hemlock Grove. She’s repped by CAA and Brookside Artist Management.
Famke Janssen Locked For ‘Taken 3’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work