EXCLUSIVE: Boutique agency Verve has signed German writer-director Bora Dagtekin, whose hit comedy feature F*ck You Shakespeer (Fack Ju Gohte) has been burning up the German box office since its debut last fall. Elyas M’Barek (The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones) stars as a bank robber who disguises himself as a substitute teacher to recover stolen money buried beneath a newly constructed high school. The raunchy, politically incorrect comedy produced by Rat Pack Filmproduktion and distributed by Constantin Films has grossed over $72.7M US to date in Germany and earned Dagtekin comparisons to The Hangover‘s Todd Phillips. Dagtekin’s previous hits in Germany include the acclaimed 2006 comedy series Turkish For Beginners (Türkisch für Anfänger), which ran for three seasons and nabbed awards including an International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences nomination. F*ck You Shakespeer lead M’Barek also starred on that show as well as its hit 2012 film adaptation, which Dagtekin scripted and co-wrote. Verve is in Austin showing F*ck You Shakespeer around this week at SXSW. Check out the NSFW trailer:
SXSW: Helmer Of German Hit ‘Fack Ju Gohte’ Bora Dagtekin Inks With Verve
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'
- Al Sharpton Meets With Amy Pascal: Will Work To Address Hollywood's “Cultural Blindness”
- 'American Sniper' Trailer: Bradley Cooper At His Best?
- Jim Carrey, 'Dumb And Dumber To' Producers Eye Reteam On 'Deep Cover'
- 'The Interview' Yanked By Regal, AMC & Other Major Chains
- Through a Lens Darkly