Indicating a ramp-up in television, MRC has added a scripted executive, bringing in BBC America’s Erin Jontow as VP Television, reporting to indie company’s TV head Joe Hipps, SVP, Television. MRC has House of Cards on Netflix, which has been renewed for a third season. It also has a pilot order at AMC for Knifeman and is developing a drama with director Alejandro González Iñárritu who co-created the project with Nicolas Giacobone, Armando Bo and Alexander Dinelaris and is attached to direct. Jontow most recently served as VP, Scripted Programming at BBC America where she worked on Orphan Black and Copper. Before that, she spent three years at Comedy Central.
Erin Jontow Joins MRC As VP Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate