Erik Sommers, co-creator of CBS’ multi-camera odd couple comedy pilot Cuz-Bros, has signed an overall deal with the studio behind it, Sony Pictures TV. Cuz-Bros, which Sommers co-wrote with Happy Endings creator David Caspe, stars Geoff Stults as a successful, suave ladies man whose perfect life gets turned upside down when his mess of a cousin needs a place to stay. Sommers and Caspe executive produce with Fanfare’s Jamie Tarses. This marks the first overall pact with Sommers, a rising star at Sony TV, which has been impressed by his stints as a co-executive producer on the studio’s comedy series Happy Endings and Community as well as his development. This season, Sommers sold two comedies, Cuz-Bros to CBS and a medical half-hour to ABC with Will Gluck producing. UTA-repped Sommers started his career in animation with stints on Drawn Together and American Dad!
Comedy Writer Erik Sommers Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still Debuting…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- NBC Buys ‘Close To Heaven’ Church Comedy From Brad Copeland & Aaron Kaplan With Put Pilot Commitment