Erik Sommers, co-creator of CBS’ multi-camera odd couple comedy pilot Cuz-Bros, has signed an overall deal with the studio behind it, Sony Pictures TV. Cuz-Bros, which Sommers co-wrote with Happy Endings creator David Caspe, stars Geoff Stults as a successful, suave ladies man whose perfect life gets turned upside down when his mess of a cousin needs a place to stay. Sommers and Caspe executive produce with Fanfare’s Jamie Tarses. This marks the first overall pact with Sommers, a rising star at Sony TV, which has been impressed by his stints as a co-executive producer on the studio’s comedy series Happy Endings and Community as well as his development. This season, Sommers sold two comedies, Cuz-Bros to CBS and a medical half-hour to ABC with Will Gluck producing. UTA-repped Sommers started his career in animation with stints on Drawn Together and American Dad!
Comedy Writer Erik Sommers Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline