Erik Sommers, co-creator of CBS’ multi-camera odd couple comedy pilot Cuz-Bros, has signed an overall deal with the studio behind it, Sony Pictures TV. Cuz-Bros, which Sommers co-wrote with Happy Endings creator David Caspe, stars Geoff Stults as a successful, suave ladies man whose perfect life gets turned upside down when his mess of a cousin needs a place to stay. Sommers and Caspe executive produce with Fanfare’s Jamie Tarses. This marks the first overall pact with Sommers, a rising star at Sony TV, which has been impressed by his stints as a co-executive producer on the studio’s comedy series Happy Endings and Community as well as his development. This season, Sommers sold two comedies, Cuz-Bros to CBS and a medical half-hour to ABC with Will Gluck producing. UTA-repped Sommers started his career in animation with stints on Drawn Together and American Dad!
Comedy Writer Erik Sommers Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals