Previously announced for a start this year, Séville International has set an official launch date of April 1, just in time for Cannes. The indie sales division of Entertainment One Films International is led by Montréal-based Vice President of International Sales Anick Poirier, with Natalie Kampelmacher promoted to Director of Sales. Séville will focus on art-house titles from Québec and put an emphasis on a greater number of new films from around the world. The slate will include pedigree titles with awards potential to follow in the footsteps of such films as Denis Villeneuve’s Incendies, Benh Zeitlin’s Beasts Of The Southern Wild, David Michôd’s Animal Kingdom and the upcoming Mommy from Xavier Dolan. Taking advantage of eOne’s network in Canada, Spain, the UK, Benelux and Australia/New Zealand, Poirier and her team will source homegrown films for local distribution and world rights. While Séville will work with art-house fare, London-based eOne Films International is shifting to more commercial titles for direct distribution and world sales. Poirier, who joined eOne when it acquired Les Films Séville in 2008, reports to eOne Films International President Harold van Lier who joined the company in January armed with a $100M acquisitions fund.
EOne’s Indie Sales Arm Séville International To Launch April 1st Under Anick Poirier
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities