Inspired by the two-decade agenting career of Dominique Besnehard at France’s biggest talent house Artmedia, the six-part comedy 10% will shoot this summer for national broadcaster France 2. Besnehard is a former casting director and prolific actor who went on to be arguably the best-known agent in the local business. At one time or another, he represented such talent as Isabelle Adjani, Juliette Binoche, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Eva Green, Jacqueline Bisset, Michael Vartan, Alain Chabat, Rupert Everett, Eric Cantona, Jean-Louis Trintignant, François Ozon and Claire Denis. I’m told the series is currently casting for three principal roles and promises a big-name guest star inserted each week to play themselves. While I’m not convinced this is a series that could travel — it’ll depend on the execution and how inside baseball the comedy is — it could be an interesting look at the cultural differences in the French agency business compared to the frenetic Hollywood version depicted in the popular HBO series Entourage. For instance, did you know that Artmedia, for one, turns on a non-message-taking answering machine for an hour at lunchtime? Feature helmer Cédric Klapisch (Chinese Puzzle, Auberge Espagnole) is directing the first three 52-minute episodes. His wife Lola Doillon will helm the next two, and a third director will be added for the finale. Besnehard, who left Artmedia to become a producer in 2006, is producing 10% with Michel Feller via their Mon Voisin Productions and alongside Harold Valentin of Mother Production. This is a busy time for Besnehard, whose revealing autobiography Casino D’Hiver was just published in France.
‘Entourage’ A La Française? Famed Former Agent To Produce Comedy Series ‘10%’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Tartaglione
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More