EXCLUSIVE: Entertainment One Television has teamed with Gary Oldman and Douglas Urbanski‘s Flying Studio to develop and produce The Diabolic, a serialized horror drama series. Daniel Kay (Timber Falls) will write the pilot script based on his spec that got the attention of eOne brass. The Diabolic centers on a broken but brilliant exorcist who falls in love with a single mother with a young son possessed by an ancient entity with diabolic intentions that not only threaten the boy, but the very fate of mankind. Oldman and Urbanski will produce with Josh Weinstock. This marks Oldman and Urbanski’s first foray into TV producing; in features the duo produced the Oscar-nominated The Contender, which co-starred Oldman. As an actor, Oscar and Emmy-nominated Oldman is best known for his roles in The Dark Night and Harry Potter movie franchises. John Morayniss, CEO eOne Television; Michael Rosenberg, eOne EVP U.S. Scripted Television; and Becca Tesarfreund, eOne Manager, Scripted Formats and Co-Productions, will oversee the project for eOne TV, which will handle worldwide distribution for the series. Flying Studio and Kay are repped by APA; Kay is managed by New Wave.
Entertainment One To Develop Horror Drama Series Produced By Gary Oldman
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Turn Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM