EXCLUSIVE: Entertainment One Television has teamed with Gary Oldman and Douglas Urbanski‘s Flying Studio to develop and produce The Diabolic, a serialized horror drama series. Daniel Kay (Timber Falls) will write the pilot script based on his spec that got the attention of eOne brass. The Diabolic centers on a broken but brilliant exorcist who falls in love with a single mother with a young son possessed by an ancient entity with diabolic intentions that not only threaten the boy, but the very fate of mankind. Oldman and Urbanski will produce with Josh Weinstock. This marks Oldman and Urbanski’s first foray into TV producing; in features the duo produced the Oscar-nominated The Contender, which co-starred Oldman. As an actor, Oscar and Emmy-nominated Oldman is best known for his roles in The Dark Night and Harry Potter movie franchises. John Morayniss, CEO eOne Television; Michael Rosenberg, eOne EVP U.S. Scripted Television; and Becca Tesarfreund, eOne Manager, Scripted Formats and Co-Productions, will oversee the project for eOne TV, which will handle worldwide distribution for the series. Flying Studio and Kay are repped by APA; Kay is managed by New Wave.
Entertainment One To Develop Horror Drama Series Produced By Gary Oldman
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC