UPDATED: NBC has passed on Conception, its supernatural mystery drama project from writer John Glenn and producer David Janollari. The project, from Universal Television, where Glenn’s and Janollari’s companies are based, was set up at at the network in August with a put pilot commitment, a rare such big commitment for a pitch from a sibling studio. Co-written by Glenn and Lars Jacobson, Conception tracks a modern-day immaculate conception on a large scale. The show was to follow those few children that survived and how they’re destined to change the world. Being a big-swing, out-there concept, NBC in January opted to order backup scripts (3) instead of a pilot to get a better grasp of the idea and how it would evolve. However, the network since greenlighted the Heroes: Reborn event miniseries, and I hear NBC brass felt the two projects were too similar. It is unclear yet whether Uni TV will shop Conception elsewhere.
NBC Drama ‘Conception’ Not Going Forward
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'