UPDATED: NBC has passed on Conception, its supernatural mystery drama project from writer John Glenn and producer David Janollari. The project, from Universal Television, where Glenn’s and Janollari’s companies are based, was set up at at the network in August with a put pilot commitment, a rare such big commitment for a pitch from a sibling studio. Co-written by Glenn and Lars Jacobson, Conception tracks a modern-day immaculate conception on a large scale. The show was to follow those few children that survived and how they’re destined to change the world. Being a big-swing, out-there concept, NBC in January opted to order backup scripts (3) instead of a pilot to get a better grasp of the idea and how it would evolve. However, the network since greenlighted the Heroes: Reborn event miniseries, and I hear NBC brass felt the two projects were too similar. It is unclear yet whether Uni TV will shop Conception elsewhere.
NBC Drama ‘Conception’ Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'