UPDATED: NBC has passed on Conception, its supernatural mystery drama project from writer John Glenn and producer David Janollari. The project, from Universal Television, where Glenn’s and Janollari’s companies are based, was set up at at the network in August with a put pilot commitment, a rare such big commitment for a pitch from a sibling studio. Co-written by Glenn and Lars Jacobson, Conception tracks a modern-day immaculate conception on a large scale. The show was to follow those few children that survived and how they’re destined to change the world. Being a big-swing, out-there concept, NBC in January opted to order backup scripts (3) instead of a pilot to get a better grasp of the idea and how it would evolve. However, the network since greenlighted the Heroes: Reborn event miniseries, and I hear NBC brass felt the two projects were too similar. It is unclear yet whether Uni TV will shop Conception elsewhere.
NBC Drama ‘Conception’ Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres