At first glance the compensation for Michael White listed in DirecTV‘s new proxy statement looks like a big pay cut. But it may simply reflect an accounting fluke: The satellite company gave him $12M in option awards in 2012 that were recorded in his tally for that year, even though they vest over three years. In any event, he ends up with a tidy $12.5M for 2013 including $1.7M salary, $4.5M in stock awards, $1.6M in option awards, $4.3M in non equity incentives, $211,247 change in pension value, and $333,193 in other compensation. That last category includes $64,491 for his personal use of the company plans as well as $20,000 to match his charitable contributions. DirecTV shares appreciated 37.7% last year. White’s package is 2.7 times the median for his four top lieutenants, which is slightly below the threshold of 3X that many corporate governance experts say suggests a CEO’s pay is out of whack. The proxy shows that 6.9% of DirecTV shares are owned by Berkshire Hathaway, the company controlled by billionaire investor Warren Buffett who takes a dim view of bloated executive pay. DirecTV’s annual meeting will be held in New York on April 29.
DirecTV CEO Makes $12.5M In 2013, A 31% Drop Due To Cut In Option Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Business News
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- President Donald Trump On LaVar Ball Diss: “I Should Have Left Them In Jail!”
- Mel Tillis Dies: The Country Music Hall Of Famer And Actor Was 85
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 11 – Kneeling Continues After Veteran’s Day Respite
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched