Nebraska director Alexander Payne, DP Haskell Wexler and location scout Scott Dewees will be honored by the Location Managers Guild of America on March 29th at the Writers Guild Theater. This is the first year of the awards show. Payne will receive the Eva Monley Award, named after the location scout who worked finding the perfect settings in Africa for such legendary directors as John Huston, Otto Preminger and David Lean and whose credits included Lawrence of Arabia, The African Queen, Exodus and The Man Who Would Be King. Wexler will receive the Humanitarian Award. Wexler’s well-known credits are fro Whos Afraid of Virginia Wolf? Bound for Glory, the 1976 Oscar winning best picture One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest (with Bill Butler), Blaze and Matewan. The Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to commercial location scout Scott Dewees. Other awards will be given out to location professionals as well and to outstanding film commissions, and to producers, studios and production companies for exceptional locations in features and TV programs.
Director Alexander Payne, DP Haskell Wexler, Location Scout Scott Dewees To Be Feted By Location Managers Guild
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV