Nebraska director Alexander Payne, DP Haskell Wexler and location scout Scott Dewees will be honored by the Location Managers Guild of America on March 29th at the Writers Guild Theater. This is the first year of the awards show. Payne will receive the Eva Monley Award, named after the location scout who worked finding the perfect settings in Africa for such legendary directors as John Huston, Otto Preminger and David Lean and whose credits included Lawrence of Arabia, The African Queen, Exodus and The Man Who Would Be King. Wexler will receive the Humanitarian Award. Wexler’s well-known credits are fro Whos Afraid of Virginia Wolf? Bound for Glory, the 1976 Oscar winning best picture One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest (with Bill Butler), Blaze and Matewan. The Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to commercial location scout Scott Dewees. Other awards will be given out to location professionals as well and to outstanding film commissions, and to producers, studios and production companies for exceptional locations in features and TV programs.
Director Alexander Payne, DP Haskell Wexler, Location Scout Scott Dewees To Be Feted By Location Managers Guild
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video