Nebraska director Alexander Payne, DP Haskell Wexler and location scout Scott Dewees will be honored by the Location Managers Guild of America on March 29th at the Writers Guild Theater. This is the first year of the awards show. Payne will receive the Eva Monley Award, named after the location scout who worked finding the perfect settings in Africa for such legendary directors as John Huston, Otto Preminger and David Lean and whose credits included Lawrence of Arabia, The African Queen, Exodus and The Man Who Would Be King. Wexler will receive the Humanitarian Award. Wexler’s well-known credits are fro Whos Afraid of Virginia Wolf? Bound for Glory, the 1976 Oscar winning best picture One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest (with Bill Butler), Blaze and Matewan. The Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to commercial location scout Scott Dewees. Other awards will be given out to location professionals as well and to outstanding film commissions, and to producers, studios and production companies for exceptional locations in features and TV programs.
Director Alexander Payne, DP Haskell Wexler, Location Scout Scott Dewees To Be Feted By Location Managers Guild
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company