The Michael Dowse-directed What If was formerly known as The F Word when CBS Films acquired one of the buzzier titles from last fall’s Toronto Film Festival in a big deal. The pic will now be released August 1, 2014 in NY and LA before expanding the following two weekends. Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan star as a star-crossed couple who meet by chance at a party and feel chemistry. But he is recovering from a failed relationship and she has a serious boyfriend (Rafe Spall), so they attempt to confront the challenge of merely being friends. Adam Driver, Mackenzie Davis, Megan Park and Oona Chaplin co-star. Elan Mastai wrote the script. That August 1 date is getting crowded: the wide openers set for that Friday are Disney’s Guardians Of The Galaxy and Universal’s James Brown biopic Get On Up.
CBS Films Dates Daniel Radcliffe-Zoe Kazan Pic ‘What If’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency