The Michael Dowse-directed What If was formerly known as The F Word when CBS Films acquired one of the buzzier titles from last fall’s Toronto Film Festival in a big deal. The pic will now be released August 1, 2014 in NY and LA before expanding the following two weekends. Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan star as a star-crossed couple who meet by chance at a party and feel chemistry. But he is recovering from a failed relationship and she has a serious boyfriend (Rafe Spall), so they attempt to confront the challenge of merely being friends. Adam Driver, Mackenzie Davis, Megan Park and Oona Chaplin co-star. Elan Mastai wrote the script. That August 1 date is getting crowded: the wide openers set for that Friday are Disney’s Guardians Of The Galaxy and Universal’s James Brown biopic Get On Up.
CBS Films Dates Daniel Radcliffe-Zoe Kazan Pic ‘What If’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'