The Michael Dowse-directed What If was formerly known as The F Word when CBS Films acquired one of the buzzier titles from last fall’s Toronto Film Festival in a big deal. The pic will now be released August 1, 2014 in NY and LA before expanding the following two weekends. Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan star as a star-crossed couple who meet by chance at a party and feel chemistry. But he is recovering from a failed relationship and she has a serious boyfriend (Rafe Spall), so they attempt to confront the challenge of merely being friends. Adam Driver, Mackenzie Davis, Megan Park and Oona Chaplin co-star. Elan Mastai wrote the script. That August 1 date is getting crowded: the wide openers set for that Friday are Disney’s Guardians Of The Galaxy and Universal’s James Brown biopic Get On Up.
CBS Films Dates Daniel Radcliffe-Zoe Kazan Pic ‘What If’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Who Is The Social Media King Of Oscar Best Picture Nominees?
- Brad Grey Hosts Farewell For His Paramount Executives
- Lionsgate Sets ‘Most Likely To Murder’; ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom & Adam Pally Star
- Serialized Storyteller Serial Box Signs With Janklow & Nesbit
- Watch Harrison Ford’s Close Call At California Airport
- Disney Films To Show On Imax Through 2019 With New Distribution Deal