The Michael Dowse-directed What If was formerly known as The F Word when CBS Films acquired one of the buzzier titles from last fall’s Toronto Film Festival in a big deal. The pic will now be released August 1, 2014 in NY and LA before expanding the following two weekends. Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan star as a star-crossed couple who meet by chance at a party and feel chemistry. But he is recovering from a failed relationship and she has a serious boyfriend (Rafe Spall), so they attempt to confront the challenge of merely being friends. Adam Driver, Mackenzie Davis, Megan Park and Oona Chaplin co-star. Elan Mastai wrote the script. That August 1 date is getting crowded: the wide openers set for that Friday are Disney’s Guardians Of The Galaxy and Universal’s James Brown biopic Get On Up.
CBS Films Dates Daniel Radcliffe-Zoe Kazan Pic ‘What If’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘I Love You, Daddy’ Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates…
- ‘Where’s The Money’ Red Band Trailer: King Bach’s Gentrified Frat Comedy Gets Crazy And R-rated
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite…
- Channing Tatum Pulls ‘Forgive Me’ Film Project From The Weinstein Co.
- Johnny Depp Hits Ex-Lawyer With $30M Malpractice Suit While Fighting Ex-Biz Managers
- Los Angeles On-Location Filming Falls For Third Quarter In A Row