Cinedigm has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, the Danish live action family film directed by Ask Hasselbalch, which premiered last year at Toronto. The pic, based on Kenneth Bogh Andersen’s comic book series, follows shy and ordinary 12-year-old Pelle as he is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after being bitten by a super-ant. When the girl of his dreams is kidnapped, Pelle (now “Antboy”) sets about to rescue her, bringing him into an adrenaline-charged conflict with super-villain “The Flea.” Antboy will premiere theatrically on April 16 in Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix and Seattle. Pic was produced by Birgitte Hald, Eva Jakobsen and Lea Løbger. The deal was negotiated by Macias on behalf of Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Danish Pic ‘Antboy’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'