Cinedigm has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, the Danish live action family film directed by Ask Hasselbalch, which premiered last year at Toronto. The pic, based on Kenneth Bogh Andersen’s comic book series, follows shy and ordinary 12-year-old Pelle as he is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after being bitten by a super-ant. When the girl of his dreams is kidnapped, Pelle (now “Antboy”) sets about to rescue her, bringing him into an adrenaline-charged conflict with super-villain “The Flea.” Antboy will premiere theatrically on April 16 in Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix and Seattle. Pic was produced by Birgitte Hald, Eva Jakobsen and Lea Løbger. The deal was negotiated by Macias on behalf of Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Danish Pic ‘Antboy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Film News
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few
- ‘Kilo Two Bravo’ Director & Writer Ink With Verve