Cinedigm has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, the Danish live action family film directed by Ask Hasselbalch, which premiered last year at Toronto. The pic, based on Kenneth Bogh Andersen’s comic book series, follows shy and ordinary 12-year-old Pelle as he is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after being bitten by a super-ant. When the girl of his dreams is kidnapped, Pelle (now “Antboy”) sets about to rescue her, bringing him into an adrenaline-charged conflict with super-villain “The Flea.” Antboy will premiere theatrically on April 16 in Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix and Seattle. Pic was produced by Birgitte Hald, Eva Jakobsen and Lea Løbger. The deal was negotiated by Macias on behalf of Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Danish Pic ‘Antboy’
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks