Cinedigm has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, the Danish live action family film directed by Ask Hasselbalch, which premiered last year at Toronto. The pic, based on Kenneth Bogh Andersen’s comic book series, follows shy and ordinary 12-year-old Pelle as he is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after being bitten by a super-ant. When the girl of his dreams is kidnapped, Pelle (now “Antboy”) sets about to rescue her, bringing him into an adrenaline-charged conflict with super-villain “The Flea.” Antboy will premiere theatrically on April 16 in Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix and Seattle. Pic was produced by Birgitte Hald, Eva Jakobsen and Lea Løbger. The deal was negotiated by Macias on behalf of Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Danish Pic ‘Antboy’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video