Cinedigm has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, the Danish live action family film directed by Ask Hasselbalch, which premiered last year at Toronto. The pic, based on Kenneth Bogh Andersen’s comic book series, follows shy and ordinary 12-year-old Pelle as he is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after being bitten by a super-ant. When the girl of his dreams is kidnapped, Pelle (now “Antboy”) sets about to rescue her, bringing him into an adrenaline-charged conflict with super-villain “The Flea.” Antboy will premiere theatrically on April 16 in Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix and Seattle. Pic was produced by Birgitte Hald, Eva Jakobsen and Lea Løbger. The deal was negotiated by Macias on behalf of Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Danish Pic ‘Antboy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’