The voice behind “Viva La Vida,” “Speed of Sound,” et al. has a new gig. NBC‘s The Voice is tweaking its format, and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has joined the show as key adviser, mentoring each coach’s team. The show’s new twist, called the Battles: Round Two, pits the remaining acts from each team — all previous winners and stolen artists — against one another to perform an agreed-upon song. Those episodes begin airing March 31. Martin advised the Battles: Round Two performers on vocal techniques, stage presence and tailoring songs to fit their persona and strengths.
Coldplay’s Chris Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ As The NBC Hit Makes A Format Change
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'