The voice behind “Viva La Vida,” “Speed of Sound,” et al. has a new gig. NBC‘s The Voice is tweaking its format, and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has joined the show as key adviser, mentoring each coach’s team. The show’s new twist, called the Battles: Round Two, pits the remaining acts from each team — all previous winners and stolen artists — against one another to perform an agreed-upon song. Those episodes begin airing March 31. Martin advised the Battles: Round Two performers on vocal techniques, stage presence and tailoring songs to fit their persona and strengths.
Coldplay’s Chris Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ As The NBC Hit Makes A Format Change
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest TV News
- MPAA: Hollywood Is Key Driver Of U.S. Economy With $49 Billion Payout, Salaries Much Higher Than Nat’l Average
- ‘True Detective’: Scoot McNairy Cast In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- ‘Love Is___’: OWN Relationship Dramedy From Mara Brock Akil & Salim Akil Adds Five To Cast
- ‘Breathe’ Trailer: A Father Fights For His Dying Son In New Amazon Series
- Billboard Music Awards Gets Airdate On NBC
- Donald Trump’s Not Racist, Sarah Sanders Assures Us, Citing ‘The Apprentice’