The voice behind “Viva La Vida,” “Speed of Sound,” et al. has a new gig. NBC‘s The Voice is tweaking its format, and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has joined the show as key adviser, mentoring each coach’s team. The show’s new twist, called the Battles: Round Two, pits the remaining acts from each team — all previous winners and stolen artists — against one another to perform an agreed-upon song. Those episodes begin airing March 31. Martin advised the Battles: Round Two performers on vocal techniques, stage presence and tailoring songs to fit their persona and strengths.
Coldplay’s Chris Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ As The NBC Hit Makes A Format Change
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Set To Return To London
- Donald Trump Responds To James Comey’s “Facts Matter” Tweet On ‘Fox & Friends’
- Donald Trump Suggests Deporting Kneeling NFL Players After New Policy Revealed
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over ‘Arrested Development’ Interview Comments: “I Was Wrong Here”…
- BuzzFeed, Hulu Team For R. Kelly Feature Doc On History Of Alleged Abuse