The voice behind “Viva La Vida,” “Speed of Sound,” et al. has a new gig. NBC‘s The Voice is tweaking its format, and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has joined the show as key adviser, mentoring each coach’s team. The show’s new twist, called the Battles: Round Two, pits the remaining acts from each team — all previous winners and stolen artists — against one another to perform an agreed-upon song. Those episodes begin airing March 31. Martin advised the Battles: Round Two performers on vocal techniques, stage presence and tailoring songs to fit their persona and strengths.
Coldplay’s Chris Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ As The NBC Hit Makes A Format Change
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video