The voice behind “Viva La Vida,” “Speed of Sound,” et al. has a new gig. NBC‘s The Voice is tweaking its format, and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has joined the show as key adviser, mentoring each coach’s team. The show’s new twist, called the Battles: Round Two, pits the remaining acts from each team — all previous winners and stolen artists — against one another to perform an agreed-upon song. Those episodes begin airing March 31. Martin advised the Battles: Round Two performers on vocal techniques, stage presence and tailoring songs to fit their persona and strengths.
Coldplay’s Chris Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ As The NBC Hit Makes A Format Change
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories