EXCLUSIVE: Cartoon Network is entering the longform business. The 20-year-old network has greenlighted its first miniseries, Over The Garden Wall. The 10-epsiode comedy-fantasy mini is based on the short Tome Of The Unknown, which hails from Cartoon Network Studios’ shorts program and won the best animation short film at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival last month. Elijah Wood — reprising his role from Tome — Melanie Lynskey and Collin Dean lead the voice cast of Over The Garden Wall. It revolves around two brothers, Wirt (Wood) and Greg (Dean), who find themselves lost in a mysterious land and try to find their way home, aided by a wise old woodsman and a bluebird named Beatrice (Lynskey). Over The Garden Wall was created by Pat McHale, who wrote and directed the original short and also worked on Cartoon Net’s Adventure Time. Produced by Cartoon Network Studios, the mini will premiere in the fall.
Cartoon Network Orders ‘Over The Garden Wall’ As First Miniseries
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate