Creative Artists Agency has signed Eugenio Derbez, one of the top Latino filmmakers/actors in the business and certainly one of the most recognizable Latino actors in the world. Derbez is the creator and star of one of Mexico’s most popular sitcoms La Familia P. Luche (The Plush Family) which ran fot 10 years on Univision and also created the Televisa produced sketch-show XHDRbZ which ran for two seasons. Both programs not only appeared in the U.S. but also ran in Europe and, of course, Latin America. He had very recognizeable names in the Latino market on his sketch show, including the president of Mexico Vincente Fox. He also wrote, directed and starred in last year’s Instructions Not Included, which is touted as the highest-grossing Spanish-language film in the U.S., earning $44.4M in the U.S. and $41M internationally for a total of $85.5 million worldwide. He was also the voice of Donkey in the Spanish-language version of Shrek and also played a character voice in Guillermo Del Toro’s animated comedy Book of Life. U.S. audiences may remember him from Liongate’s Girl in Progress starring opposite Eva Mendes (2012) or in Fox Searchlights Under the Same Moon from 2008. He was previously with WME. His attorney is Howard Abramson of Behr & Abramson, LLP.
CAA Signs Top Latino Filmmaker/Actor Eugenio Derbez
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- Box Office End of Summer: Some Profitable Hits In An Overall Blah Season
- Box Office Preview: 'As Above, So Below' $470K In Late Nights, 'November Man' Weak At Start Of Long Labor Day Holiday
- Box Office Final: 'If I Stay' $15.6M; 'Game' $8.3M; 'Sin City 2′ $6.3M; 'Guardians' Sits Atop With $17.2M
- Toy King Hasbro Film Division Play: Creates New Post After Successful Run
- Movie Tracking In The Toilet: Fix Or Flush?