Creative Artists Agency has signed Eugenio Derbez, one of the top Latino filmmakers/actors in the business and certainly one of the most recognizable Latino actors in the world. Derbez is the creator and star of one of Mexico’s most popular sitcoms La Familia P. Luche (The Plush Family) which ran fot 10 years on Univision and also created the Televisa produced sketch-show XHDRbZ which ran for two seasons. Both programs not only appeared in the U.S. but also ran in Europe and, of course, Latin America. He had very recognizeable names in the Latino market on his sketch show, including the president of Mexico Vincente Fox. He also wrote, directed and starred in last year’s Instructions Not Included, which is touted as the highest-grossing Spanish-language film in the U.S., earning $44.4M in the U.S. and $41M internationally for a total of $85.5 million worldwide. He was also the voice of Donkey in the Spanish-language version of Shrek and also played a character voice in Guillermo Del Toro’s animated comedy Book of Life. U.S. audiences may remember him from Liongate’s Girl in Progress starring opposite Eva Mendes (2012) or in Fox Searchlights Under the Same Moon from 2008. He was previously with WME. His attorney is Howard Abramson of Behr & Abramson, LLP.
CAA Signs Top Latino Filmmaker/Actor Eugenio Derbez
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Busch
- Driver Charged In ZombieWalk Crowd Incident At Comic-Con
- Power Rangers Bootleg Fan Film Returns To YouTube, Vimeo
- Paramount In Talks To Acquire Rights To Sci-Fi Classic ‘The Stars My Destination’
- Josh Duhamel, Ernie Hudson Suit Up For ‘The Wrong Stuff’
- Kristen Stewart Joins Untitled Kelly Reichardt Project
- Cartoon Network’s ‘Adventure Time’ Heads To Big Screen At Warner Bros.