Cinemax‘s action drama just keeps building steam. Last night’s Season 2 finale of Banshee beat the premium channel’s viewership record by 24%. The 10 PM airing drew am audience of 733,000, zipping past the record of 591,000 set by the February 7 episode of the series. Adding in the 11 PM replay, Banshee scored 968,000 viewers, also a network high. Last year’s season finale pulled in 455,000 viewers, a then-record for a season ender. Antony Starr plays an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Ivana Milicevic also stars. Banshee , from executive producers Alan Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler, Peter Macdissi and Greg Yaitanes, was renewed in January for a third season.
‘Banshee’ Screams Past Cinemax Record
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series