Cinemax‘s action drama just keeps building steam. Last night’s Season 2 finale of Banshee beat the premium channel’s viewership record by 24%. The 10 PM airing drew am audience of 733,000, zipping past the record of 591,000 set by the February 7 episode of the series. Adding in the 11 PM replay, Banshee scored 968,000 viewers, also a network high. Last year’s season finale pulled in 455,000 viewers, a then-record for a season ender. Antony Starr plays an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Ivana Milicevic also stars. Banshee , from executive producers Alan Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler, Peter Macdissi and Greg Yaitanes, was renewed in January for a third season.
‘Banshee’ Screams Past Cinemax Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest TV News
- Major London Film & TV Studio Moves Ahead After $140m Deal With Pacifica Ventures
- ‘The Terror’: AMC To Launch Entire First Season For Premiere Customers
- Rex Tillerson’s “Very Mean-Spirited Town” Exit Speech Goes Over Big In D.C.
- Weinstein Co. TV Exec Megan Spanjian Moves To UTA
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- CNN’s Jeff Zucker Says Fox News Is State-Run Propaganda: “TASS Has Nothing On Them”