Cinemax‘s action drama just keeps building steam. Last night’s Season 2 finale of Banshee beat the premium channel’s viewership record by 24%. The 10 PM airing drew am audience of 733,000, zipping past the record of 591,000 set by the February 7 episode of the series. Adding in the 11 PM replay, Banshee scored 968,000 viewers, also a network high. Last year’s season finale pulled in 455,000 viewers, a then-record for a season ender. Antony Starr plays an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Ivana Milicevic also stars. Banshee , from executive producers Alan Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler, Peter Macdissi and Greg Yaitanes, was renewed in January for a third season.
‘Banshee’ Screams Past Cinemax Record
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage