Cinemax‘s action drama just keeps building steam. Last night’s Season 2 finale of Banshee beat the premium channel’s viewership record by 24%. The 10 PM airing drew am audience of 733,000, zipping past the record of 591,000 set by the February 7 episode of the series. Adding in the 11 PM replay, Banshee scored 968,000 viewers, also a network high. Last year’s season finale pulled in 455,000 viewers, a then-record for a season ender. Antony Starr plays an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Ivana Milicevic also stars. Banshee , from executive producers Alan Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler, Peter Macdissi and Greg Yaitanes, was renewed in January for a third season.
‘Banshee’ Screams Past Cinemax Record
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'