Cinemax‘s action drama just keeps building steam. Last night’s Season 2 finale of Banshee beat the premium channel’s viewership record by 24%. The 10 PM airing drew am audience of 733,000, zipping past the record of 591,000 set by the February 7 episode of the series. Adding in the 11 PM replay, Banshee scored 968,000 viewers, also a network high. Last year’s season finale pulled in 455,000 viewers, a then-record for a season ender. Antony Starr plays an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Ivana Milicevic also stars. Banshee , from executive producers Alan Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler, Peter Macdissi and Greg Yaitanes, was renewed in January for a third season.
‘Banshee’ Screams Past Cinemax Record
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney