Apple and Comcast are looking to team up on a deal for high quality streaming TV, “people familiar with the matter” tell WSJ. News of the early talks between the companies comes a month after Bloomberg reported that Apple was in negotiations with Time Warner Cable for a new Apple TV set-top box. The very next day Comcast and Time Warner announced their $45.2B merger sale. Apple’s potential pact with Comcast would ensure faster streaming to Apple users through the “last mile” channel of internet traffic separate from Comcast’s public web access, delivering high quality streams via Apple’s new cloud-based set-top box. Last week Netflix CEO Reed Hastings called out Comcast for the “arbitrary tax” charged to boost the quality of Netflix’s streaming transmissions via the cable provider’s network, despite Netflix’s part in what last month was announced as a “mutually beneficial interconnection agreement.”
Apple, Comcast In Talks For Streaming TV Deal: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’ s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey