Anne Heche (Save Me) has been tapped as a series regular on USA Network’s six-episode event series DIG, an action adventure drama from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Gideon Raff, creator of the Israeli series on which Showtime’s Homeland was based. Kring and Raff co-created DIG, which centers on Peter (Jason Isaacs), an FBI agent stationed in Jerusalem who, while investigating a murder of a woman archaeologist, uncovers a conspiracy 2000 years in the making that threatens to change the course of history. The series is a production of Keshet Media Group for UCP in cooperation with the city of Jerusalem. It will premiere on USA later this year. Heche will play Lynn, the head of the Jerusalem FBI office and Peter’s boss. She is also his only friend and occasional lover. Despite her sense of humor and soft side, Lynn is tough and isn’t afraid to take her team — including Peter — to task when they slip up. Heche, repped by UTA and Untitled, is coming off the film Arthur Newman opposite Colin Firth and Emily Blunt. She also created the NBC series Bad Judge, currently in production and starring Kate Walsh.
Anne Heche Joins USA Network Event Series ‘DIG’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…