Alfre Woodard is taking on a presidential turn opposite Katherine Heigl in NBC‘s drama pilot State Of Affairs. Directed by Joe Carnahan and produced by Universal TV, State Of Affairs stars Heigl as a key CIA attaché who counsels the president (Woodard) on high-stakes incidents around the world. Writers Alexi Hawley and Carnahan exec produce with Heigl, Bob Simonds, Henry Crumpton and Julia Franz. Woodard, repped by ICM Partners, Circle of Confusion and Stankevich Gochman, recently wrapped Annabelle for New Line and Mississippi Grind for Fleck and Boden. She received an Emmy nomination for Lifetime’s Steel Magnolias and shared in 12 Years A Slave‘s SAG ensemble nomination.
Alfre Woodard To Play US President In NBC Pilot ‘State Of Affair’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘24: Legacy’ Adds Raphael Acloque & Themo Melikidze
- ‘Serial’ Suspect Adnan Syed Requests Release While Awaiting New Trial
- Fox Buys Legal Dramedy From Carter Covington, Robin Schiff & Jason Winer
- Lady Gaga ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Hits ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ This Week
- CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers
- WGA West’s TV Writer Access Project Opens Submissions For 2016-17