Alfre Woodard is taking on a presidential turn opposite Katherine Heigl in NBC‘s drama pilot State Of Affairs. Directed by Joe Carnahan and produced by Universal TV, State Of Affairs stars Heigl as a key CIA attaché who counsels the president (Woodard) on high-stakes incidents around the world. Writers Alexi Hawley and Carnahan exec produce with Heigl, Bob Simonds, Henry Crumpton and Julia Franz. Woodard, repped by ICM Partners, Circle of Confusion and Stankevich Gochman, recently wrapped Annabelle for New Line and Mississippi Grind for Fleck and Boden. She received an Emmy nomination for Lifetime’s Steel Magnolias and shared in 12 Years A Slave‘s SAG ensemble nomination.
Alfre Woodard To Play US President In NBC Pilot ‘State Of Affair’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips