Alfre Woodard is taking on a presidential turn opposite Katherine Heigl in NBC‘s drama pilot State Of Affairs. Directed by Joe Carnahan and produced by Universal TV, State Of Affairs stars Heigl as a key CIA attaché who counsels the president (Woodard) on high-stakes incidents around the world. Writers Alexi Hawley and Carnahan exec produce with Heigl, Bob Simonds, Henry Crumpton and Julia Franz. Woodard, repped by ICM Partners, Circle of Confusion and Stankevich Gochman, recently wrapped Annabelle for New Line and Mississippi Grind for Fleck and Boden. She received an Emmy nomination for Lifetime’s Steel Magnolias and shared in 12 Years A Slave‘s SAG ensemble nomination.
Alfre Woodard To Play US President In NBC Pilot ‘State Of Affair’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'