EXCLUSIVE: Alec Baldwin has signed on as executive producer of Compared to What: The Improbable Journey of Barney Frank, a new documentary about the openly gay ex-Massachusetts Congressman which debuts next month at the Tribeca Film Festival. Baldwin did the same for last year’s Tribeca docu Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, which was acquired by Sundance Selects and opened theatrically in February. Compared to What is directed and produced by Sheila Canavan and Michael Chandler. Geralyn Dreyfous and Jamie Wolf are also exec producing alongside Baldwin. Pic profiles Barney Frank on the verge of his 40-year career as he discusses the role his homosexuality played in his campaigns for social justice. Jim Ready, Hank Paulson, Mike Barnicle, Lance Black, Nancy Pelosi, Alan Simpson, Eliot Spitzer, Steve Elmendorf, Norm Ornstein, Spencer Bachus, Bethany McLean, Bill Press, Hastings Wyman, Charlie Halpern, Mike Oxley, Neil Barofsky, Maxine Waters, and Jim Segel also appear in the docu. Baldwin will be conducting a Q&A with Frank at Tribeca after the film’s April 27 festival premiere. “Barney Frank is a personal hero of mine,” he said in a statement. “His legacy in Congress – and his historic importance as the first openly gay and married Congressman – important for our country.”
Tribeca: Alec Baldwin Teams With Barney Frank On Docu ‘Compared To What’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'