The American Film Institute‘s Directing Workshop for Women showcase will be held at 7 PM April 29 at DGA headquarters in Los Angeles, with Boys Don’t Cry director Kimberly Peirce set to deliver the keynote. The invitation-only event will feature the work of eight directors who recently completed the 2013 AFI DWW program: Aubree Bernier-Clarke, Cusi Cram, Sarah Doyle, Anne Hamilton, Tiffanie Hsu, Erin Li, Kristine Namkung and Janine Salinas Schoenberg. The workshop program includes classroom training, hands-on production experience and the opportunity to direct a short narrative film. This year’s new workshop participants also will be introduced. They are Pippa Bianco, Tessa Blake, Roja Gashtili, Julia Lerman, Devon Kirkpatrick, Alexis Korycinski, Jean Lee, Kantú Lentz, Bola Ogun and Thoranna Sigurdardottir. Directors Peirce, Jamie Babbit (But I’m A Cheerleader, The Quiet), Patty Jenkins (Monster, The Killing) will mentor as artists-in-residence. This year’s directing workshop will be held May 1-23. Recent projects developed by AFI DWW alums include two 2014 pilots ordered to series: Emmy Grinwis’ Eye Candy for MTV and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro’s Un-Real for Lifetime. Two alums currently are directing their second feature films: Maggie Kiley is in production on Dial-A-Prayer, and Valerie Weiss on A Light Beneath Their Feet.
AFI Sets Directing Workshop For Women Showcase
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'