The American Film Institute‘s Directing Workshop for Women showcase will be held at 7 PM April 29 at DGA headquarters in Los Angeles, with Boys Don’t Cry director Kimberly Peirce set to deliver the keynote. The invitation-only event will feature the work of eight directors who recently completed the 2013 AFI DWW program: Aubree Bernier-Clarke, Cusi Cram, Sarah Doyle, Anne Hamilton, Tiffanie Hsu, Erin Li, Kristine Namkung and Janine Salinas Schoenberg. The workshop program includes classroom training, hands-on production experience and the opportunity to direct a short narrative film. This year’s new workshop participants also will be introduced. They are Pippa Bianco, Tessa Blake, Roja Gashtili, Julia Lerman, Devon Kirkpatrick, Alexis Korycinski, Jean Lee, Kantú Lentz, Bola Ogun and Thoranna Sigurdardottir. Directors Peirce, Jamie Babbit (But I’m A Cheerleader, The Quiet), Patty Jenkins (Monster, The Killing) will mentor as artists-in-residence. This year’s directing workshop will be held May 1-23. Recent projects developed by AFI DWW alums include two 2014 pilots ordered to series: Emmy Grinwis’ Eye Candy for MTV and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro’s Un-Real for Lifetime. Two alums currently are directing their second feature films: Maggie Kiley is in production on Dial-A-Prayer, and Valerie Weiss on A Light Beneath Their Feet.
AFI Sets Directing Workshop For Women Showcase
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts