The American Film Institute‘s Directing Workshop for Women showcase will be held at 7 PM April 29 at DGA headquarters in Los Angeles, with Boys Don’t Cry director Kimberly Peirce set to deliver the keynote. The invitation-only event will feature the work of eight directors who recently completed the 2013 AFI DWW program: Aubree Bernier-Clarke, Cusi Cram, Sarah Doyle, Anne Hamilton, Tiffanie Hsu, Erin Li, Kristine Namkung and Janine Salinas Schoenberg. The workshop program includes classroom training, hands-on production experience and the opportunity to direct a short narrative film. This year’s new workshop participants also will be introduced. They are Pippa Bianco, Tessa Blake, Roja Gashtili, Julia Lerman, Devon Kirkpatrick, Alexis Korycinski, Jean Lee, Kantú Lentz, Bola Ogun and Thoranna Sigurdardottir. Directors Peirce, Jamie Babbit (But I’m A Cheerleader, The Quiet), Patty Jenkins (Monster, The Killing) will mentor as artists-in-residence. This year’s directing workshop will be held May 1-23. Recent projects developed by AFI DWW alums include two 2014 pilots ordered to series: Emmy Grinwis’ Eye Candy for MTV and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro’s Un-Real for Lifetime. Two alums currently are directing their second feature films: Maggie Kiley is in production on Dial-A-Prayer, and Valerie Weiss on A Light Beneath Their Feet.
AFI Sets Directing Workshop For Women Showcase
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…