BREAKING: Paramount Pictures and 12 Years A Slave producer Plan B said that writer-director Adam McKay will take on Michael Lewis‘ bestselling book The Big Short: Inside The Doomsday Machine, adapting and directing the book about the housing and credit bubble that was published in 2010. It marks the latest tie-up betweento Paramount for McKay, who co-wrote and directed two Anchorman movies for the studio, including last year’s sequel that has grossed more than $170M worldwide. McKay, repped by WME and Mosaic, co-runs Gary Sanchez Prods and Funny Or Die with Will Ferrell but the bet here is this will not be a comedy. “There are those rare literary treasures — as with The Big Short — that park in the harbor and you just wait, with hope,” Plan B said in announcing the hire. “Adam McKay is a singular voice and talent and a ferocious mind — the vector of Adam and this book is what a producer dreams of.” Plan B principal Brad Pitt starred in Sony’s Moneyball, another Lewis adaptation which earned six Oscar noms in 2012 including a Best Actor nom for Pitt.
Paramount Taps ‘Anchorman’ Helmer Adam McKay To Adapt And Direct Michael Lewis’ ‘The Big Short’ About Economic Meltdown
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot