The network that brought you The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad is taking its franchise on a likely humid vacation this summer. ABC has ordered Bachelor In Paradise, in which alums of the other shows shack up and chase love in some tropical location. The spinoff is from franchise creator Mike Fleiss and Warner Horizon TV. Chris Harrison is your host, the guy who has hosted every other Bachelor-related program. The network has confirmed the order and released the official logline: “The romantic dating series will feature new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests and some of the most unlikely relationships in Bachelor history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears we’ve come to expect from the Bachelor franchise. No airdate has been set, but the next edition of The Bachelorette kicks off May 19. It all comes together in the romantic television event of the summer.” Entertainment Weekly first reported the news.
ABC Goes Back To ‘Bachelor’ Well For Tropical ‘Bachelor In Paradise’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates