The network that brought you The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad is taking its franchise on a likely humid vacation this summer. ABC has ordered Bachelor In Paradise, in which alums of the other shows shack up and chase love in some tropical location. The spinoff is from franchise creator Mike Fleiss and Warner Horizon TV. Chris Harrison is your host, the guy who has hosted every other Bachelor-related program. The network has confirmed the order and released the official logline: “The romantic dating series will feature new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests and some of the most unlikely relationships in Bachelor history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears we’ve come to expect from the Bachelor franchise. No airdate has been set, but the next edition of The Bachelorette kicks off May 19. It all comes together in the romantic television event of the summer.” Entertainment Weekly first reported the news.
ABC Goes Back To ‘Bachelor’ Well For Tropical ‘Bachelor In Paradise’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films