EXCLUSIVE: After Nazis-from-the-moon pic Iron Sky in 2012, and creature feature Big Ass Spider last year, could this be Berlin’s 2014 hot crossover “genre”? I’m a girl, and Deadline readers are not dupes, so I’m not going to make too many pointed references as to why Zombeavers might catch on in a kitschy fashion. What I will say is that the horror/comedy hails from Benderspink, Armory Films and Evan Astrowsky and that Big Ass Spider‘s Epic Pictures Group is spreading the film out to buyers at the EFM. In it, a group of college kids at a riverside cabin are menaced by a swarm of deadly zombie beavers. The film is helmed by first-time director Jordan Rubin from a script he wrote with brothers Jon and Al Kaplan. Rubin also wrote the opening film for the 2011 Academy Awards and recently completed an animated pilot starring Mike Tyson that was just picked up by Adult Swim. He says, “This may very well be the most important film you will ever see about zombie beavers.” Judge for yourself:
Gotta Love Berlin: ‘Zombeavers’ Coming To Market (Video)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…