This is an interesting alliance for animation veteran Fred Seibert whose executive producer credits include Adventure Time, The Fairly OddParents, The Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter’s Laboratory. Animator and director Simon Tofield’s Simon’s Cat is YouTube‘s No. 2 animation channel with 2.75M subscribers. Under the new deal Seibert’s Channel Frederator Network will handle all of Simon’s Cat‘s advertising and distribution including targeted ads that use TrueView and Adwords to cash in on sales of Simon’s Cat licensed merchandise. That could be significant. Simon’s Cat animation appears on Japan’s NHK and Italy’s LA7, with more than 1.5M books sold in at least 27 countries. There are more than 120 related products including stationary, gifting and apparel. The alliance is “proof of the fact that the internet has ushered in a new golden age of animation,” Seibert says.
YouTube’s Channel Frederator Network Forms Animation Pact With ‘Simon’s Cat’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Lieberman
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco
- Theater Owners Showing 'The Interview' Put Themselves At Potential Legal Risk