This is an interesting alliance for animation veteran Fred Seibert whose executive producer credits include Adventure Time, The Fairly OddParents, The Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter’s Laboratory. Animator and director Simon Tofield’s Simon’s Cat is YouTube‘s No. 2 animation channel with 2.75M subscribers. Under the new deal Seibert’s Channel Frederator Network will handle all of Simon’s Cat‘s advertising and distribution including targeted ads that use TrueView and Adwords to cash in on sales of Simon’s Cat licensed merchandise. That could be significant. Simon’s Cat animation appears on Japan’s NHK and Italy’s LA7, with more than 1.5M books sold in at least 27 countries. There are more than 120 related products including stationary, gifting and apparel. The alliance is “proof of the fact that the internet has ushered in a new golden age of animation,” Seibert says.
YouTube’s Channel Frederator Network Forms Animation Pact With ‘Simon’s Cat’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content