This is an interesting alliance for animation veteran Fred Seibert whose executive producer credits include Adventure Time, The Fairly OddParents, The Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter’s Laboratory. Animator and director Simon Tofield’s Simon’s Cat is YouTube‘s No. 2 animation channel with 2.75M subscribers. Under the new deal Seibert’s Channel Frederator Network will handle all of Simon’s Cat‘s advertising and distribution including targeted ads that use TrueView and Adwords to cash in on sales of Simon’s Cat licensed merchandise. That could be significant. Simon’s Cat animation appears on Japan’s NHK and Italy’s LA7, with more than 1.5M books sold in at least 27 countries. There are more than 120 related products including stationary, gifting and apparel. The alliance is “proof of the fact that the internet has ushered in a new golden age of animation,” Seibert says.
YouTube’s Channel Frederator Network Forms Animation Pact With ‘Simon’s Cat’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Google Fiber On “Pause” As Company Cuts Staff And Unit CEO Steps Aside
- Suspect In Destruction Of Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star “Happy To Go To Trial”
- Donald Trump Walk Of Fame Star Already Being Repaired As Hollywood Group Vows To Press Charges
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- LAPD Has “No Suspects” In Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Destruction
- Andrew Cripps Joining Fox As President Of International Theatrical Distribution