We’re hearing on the ground that Wrekin Hill paid seven figures for all North American rights to Yellowbird, which will get a fall 2014 release. Seth Green, Dakota Fanning, Danny Glover, Elliott Gould, Jim Rash and Christine Baranski provide the voices for the 3D feature, which is now in production. Christian De Vita is directing and Antoine Barraud and Guilhem Lesaffre with Hoodwinked‘s Cory Edwards wrote the screenplay, based on fantastic artwork by Benjamin Renner (Oscar-nominated Ernest & Celestine). TeamTO and Haut & Court are producing. The story centers on a teenage bird so scared to venture out into the world that he nearly misses the fun of discovering who he really is. The deal was negotiated by Wrekin Hill CFO/COO Rene Cogan and Director of Acquisitions Alex Mandell with Simon Crowe for UK-based SC Films International on behalf of the filmmakers.
Berlin: Wrekin Hill Acquires 3D Animated Pic ‘Yellowbird’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’