We’re hearing on the ground that Wrekin Hill paid seven figures for all North American rights to Yellowbird, which will get a fall 2014 release. Seth Green, Dakota Fanning, Danny Glover, Elliott Gould, Jim Rash and Christine Baranski provide the voices for the 3D feature, which is now in production. Christian De Vita is directing and Antoine Barraud and Guilhem Lesaffre with Hoodwinked‘s Cory Edwards wrote the screenplay, based on fantastic artwork by Benjamin Renner (Oscar-nominated Ernest & Celestine). TeamTO and Haut & Court are producing. The story centers on a teenage bird so scared to venture out into the world that he nearly misses the fun of discovering who he really is. The deal was negotiated by Wrekin Hill CFO/COO Rene Cogan and Director of Acquisitions Alex Mandell with Simon Crowe for UK-based SC Films International on behalf of the filmmakers.
Berlin: Wrekin Hill Acquires 3D Animated Pic ‘Yellowbird’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations