We’re hearing on the ground that Wrekin Hill paid seven figures for all North American rights to Yellowbird, which will get a fall 2014 release. Seth Green, Dakota Fanning, Danny Glover, Elliott Gould, Jim Rash and Christine Baranski provide the voices for the 3D feature, which is now in production. Christian De Vita is directing and Antoine Barraud and Guilhem Lesaffre with Hoodwinked‘s Cory Edwards wrote the screenplay, based on fantastic artwork by Benjamin Renner (Oscar-nominated Ernest & Celestine). TeamTO and Haut & Court are producing. The story centers on a teenage bird so scared to venture out into the world that he nearly misses the fun of discovering who he really is. The deal was negotiated by Wrekin Hill CFO/COO Rene Cogan and Director of Acquisitions Alex Mandell with Simon Crowe for UK-based SC Films International on behalf of the filmmakers.
Berlin: Wrekin Hill Acquires 3D Animated Pic ‘Yellowbird’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast