Focus Features will release Wish I Was Here on July 18, 2014 in a platform release in NY and LA before the pic expands the following week and again on August 1. The news was announced via the film’s page on Kickstarter, the crowdfunding site that gave life to the Zach Braff comedy that marks the writer-director second feature following the well-received 2004 indie Garden State. Overall the film raised $3.1 million after eclipsing its $2 million goal in three days, and Focus acquired rights for $2.75 million at Sundance after its world premiere there. Kickstarter backers who pledged for advance screenings rewards will be invited to attend early previews in their local markets. Wish I Was Here enters on a thirtysomething man who finds himself at major crossroads that forces him to examine his life, his career, and his family. Braff, Kate Hudson and Mandy Patinkin star.
Zach Braff’s ‘Wish I Was Here’ Gets July 18 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest Film News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Will Smith In ‘Gemini Man’
- Fathom Events Taps Ex-DWA Exec Gordon Synn For Key Role; Blue Fox Names Richard Stafford Head Of PR
- Legendary Snags Movie Rights To YA ‘Ferryman’ Trilogy
- ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Teaser: Wheels Up On Gus Van Sant’s John Callahan Movie
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look VR Deal With XYZ Films