Focus Features will release Wish I Was Here on July 18, 2014 in a platform release in NY and LA before the pic expands the following week and again on August 1. The news was announced via the film’s page on Kickstarter, the crowdfunding site that gave life to the Zach Braff comedy that marks the writer-director second feature following the well-received 2004 indie Garden State. Overall the film raised $3.1 million after eclipsing its $2 million goal in three days, and Focus acquired rights for $2.75 million at Sundance after its world premiere there. Kickstarter backers who pledged for advance screenings rewards will be invited to attend early previews in their local markets. Wish I Was Here enters on a thirtysomething man who finds himself at major crossroads that forces him to examine his life, his career, and his family. Braff, Kate Hudson and Mandy Patinkin star.
Zach Braff’s ‘Wish I Was Here’ Gets July 18 Release Date
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'