The Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel Brilliance became one to watch when they hired up and comer Julius Onah (The Girl Is In Trouble) to direct it. Now, Will Smith is in very early talks to make the project as soon as May, I’ve confirmed. The Wrap broke it. I thought Smith showed a sense of fun as Jimmy Fallon’s first Tonight Show guest this week (particularly in the eveolution of hip-hop dance) than he’s displayed on screen. Following After Earth, an original movie with a fresh director sounds more promising for him than yet another reprise, this one Independence Day 2, which he stepped out of recently. The David Koepp-scripted adaptation, which Joe Roth and Palek Patel are producing with Legendary, is set in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
Will Smith Ponders ‘Brilliance’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle