Chris Noriega has become the fourth assistant at the 4-year-old boutique literary agency to be promoted to agent. Per Verve tradition, Noriega was given the news via an elaborate prank, in which he was led to believe that he had jeopardized a client’s employment by giving him a wrong job start date. Noriega’s mission to track down the elusive client in order to save the writer’s job took him to a local restaurant where he was greeted with the promotion news by the rest of the agency, friends and family. Noriega has worked for Verve’s Bill Weinstein and Zach Carlisle since joining the agency in 2012 from Gersh, where he was TV lit coordinator.
Verve Promotes Chris Noriega To Agent
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'