WB’s crowd-funded Veronica Mars movie will hit theaters March 14 globally and on VOD/digital the same day, helmer Rob Thomas announced Friday on the film’s Kickstarter page. The move marks a first for WB which like most major studios has kept the theatrical window intact before releasing to home vid/digital. It stems from the rewards promised in Thomas’s initial Veronica Mars crowdfunding campaign. Donors who contributed $35 or more were promised a digital copy of the film in exchange to follow shortly after the pic’s theatrical release. Those backers will now get the pic day and date as a streaming download link as Veronica Mars also hits iTunes, Amazon, and other digital and cable distributors for rental on opening weekend. The CW spin-off movie starring Kristen Bell was funded last spring in a crowdfunding campaign that raised a $5.7M budget. Veronica Mars will make its world premiere next month at the SXSW Film Festival.
WB Going Day And Date In March With ‘Veronica Mars’ Movie
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC