WB’s crowd-funded Veronica Mars movie will hit theaters March 14 globally and on VOD/digital the same day, helmer Rob Thomas announced Friday on the film’s Kickstarter page. The move marks a first for WB which like most major studios has kept the theatrical window intact before releasing to home vid/digital. It stems from the rewards promised in Thomas’s initial Veronica Mars crowdfunding campaign. Donors who contributed $35 or more were promised a digital copy of the film in exchange to follow shortly after the pic’s theatrical release. Those backers will now get the pic day and date as a streaming download link as Veronica Mars also hits iTunes, Amazon, and other digital and cable distributors for rental on opening weekend. The CW spin-off movie starring Kristen Bell was funded last spring in a crowdfunding campaign that raised a $5.7M budget. Veronica Mars will make its world premiere next month at the SXSW Film Festival.
WB Going Day And Date In March With ‘Veronica Mars’ Movie
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'