I’ve learned that two of USA Network‘s pilots, drama Horizon and comedy Divide & Conquer, are not going forward. The pilots, both from Universal Cable Prods., are being shopped elsewhere. Horizon was a big swing and a major departure for USA, being a period alien drama. Written by Bridget Tyler, exec produced by The Walking Dead‘s Gale Anne Hurd and directed by Yves Simoneau, Horizon is set during the height of World War II when a secretary at the FBI (Ruth Bradley) becomes the only person standing between Earth and an alien invasion. Penned by Peter Ocko, Divide & Conquer was clearly eyed as a companion to USA’s high-profile acquisition Modern Family. It too is a family comedy, about four children on a path to adulthood and their parents. USA has four other drama pilots, Complications, The Novice, Rush and Sean Jablonski, and one comedy, Love Is Dead, as half-hour pilot Benched was recently picked up to series.
USA Passes On Pilots ‘Horizon’ & ‘Divide & Conquer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Little Big Shots’: NBC Orders ‘Forever Young’ Spinoff Series Featuring Seniors From Ellen DeGeneres & Steve…
- Garret Dillahunt To Topline Rod Lurie’s TNT Drama Pilot 'Monsters of God'
- Alfred Hitchcock Anthology Series In The Works By Universal Cable Prods & Vermilion
- ‘Damnation’: Lead Aden Young Exits USA Pilot
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’: ‘Hamilton’s Anthony Ramos Cast In Spike Lee Netflix Series
- Dance Drama From Jennifer Beals, Kenny Ortega & ‘Hit The Floor’ Creator Set At Fox