Univision Communications Inc.‘s La Fabrica UCI will create new Spanish and English-language content for the company’s digital platforms. La Fabrica UCI joins previous Univision digital ventures UVideos, Uforia, Flama, and Univision.com and will operate a network of producers, directors, and contributors throughout the U.S. and Latin America from production studios based in NYC and Miami. The division will create and acquire original video content for a series of new digital-first brands as well as Univision and UVideos. Boris Gartner will run La Fabrica UCI as VP and General Manager reporting to Univision News and Fusion president Isaac Lee and Univision Senior VP and General Manager, Digital, Mehul Negrani. La Fabrica UCI’s first long-form production, the 12-episode web series Medicina Desconocida (Strange Medicine), is available now on UVideos.com. Their “Variety Latino” partnership with Deadline sister site Variety launches February 27.
Univision Launches Digital Content Arm La Fabrica UCI
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'