Univision Communications Inc.‘s La Fabrica UCI will create new Spanish and English-language content for the company’s digital platforms. La Fabrica UCI joins previous Univision digital ventures UVideos, Uforia, Flama, and Univision.com and will operate a network of producers, directors, and contributors throughout the U.S. and Latin America from production studios based in NYC and Miami. The division will create and acquire original video content for a series of new digital-first brands as well as Univision and UVideos. Boris Gartner will run La Fabrica UCI as VP and General Manager reporting to Univision News and Fusion president Isaac Lee and Univision Senior VP and General Manager, Digital, Mehul Negrani. La Fabrica UCI’s first long-form production, the 12-episode web series Medicina Desconocida (Strange Medicine), is available now on UVideos.com. Their “Variety Latino” partnership with Deadline sister site Variety launches February 27.
Univision Launches Digital Content Arm La Fabrica UCI
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM