TruTV has ordered 10 episodes of Motor City Masters, a competition series that aims to find America’s next great car designer. It’s slated to premiere in the summer. Produced by Bunim/Murray Productions and The Story Lab in collaboration with Chevrolet and hosted by Baywatch and Melrose Place alum Brooke Burns (Baywatch, Melrose Place), Motor City Masters will pit 10 designers against one another to test their limits of design expertise and creativity. The designs will be judged by Jean Jennings, president and editor in chief of Automobile magazine and renowned car designer Harald Belker. They will be joined each week by a special celebrity guest judge. The field will eventually be narrowed to two competitors, one of whom will be crowned “The Next Great Car Designer.” Winner receives a new 2014 Camaro Z28 and $100,000 cash, along with the opportunity to showcase his/her designs at major auto show exhibitions. Bunim/Murray Productions’ Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein, Rick de Oliveira and Scott Freeman will exec produce along with The Story Lab’s Lisa Eisenpresser. Bunim/Murray’s Kirk Durham serves as co-executive producer. Burns, whose TV credits also include Drop Dead Diva and CSI: Miami, is repped by APA and Cohn/Torgan Management.
TruTV Orders Car Designer Competition Series Hosted By Brooke Burns
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'