TruTV has ordered 10 episodes of Motor City Masters, a competition series that aims to find America’s next great car designer. It’s slated to premiere in the summer. Produced by Bunim/Murray Productions and The Story Lab in collaboration with Chevrolet and hosted by Baywatch and Melrose Place alum Brooke Burns (Baywatch, Melrose Place), Motor City Masters will pit 10 designers against one another to test their limits of design expertise and creativity. The designs will be judged by Jean Jennings, president and editor in chief of Automobile magazine and renowned car designer Harald Belker. They will be joined each week by a special celebrity guest judge. The field will eventually be narrowed to two competitors, one of whom will be crowned “The Next Great Car Designer.” Winner receives a new 2014 Camaro Z28 and $100,000 cash, along with the opportunity to showcase his/her designs at major auto show exhibitions. Bunim/Murray Productions’ Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein, Rick de Oliveira and Scott Freeman will exec produce along with The Story Lab’s Lisa Eisenpresser. Bunim/Murray’s Kirk Durham serves as co-executive producer. Burns, whose TV credits also include Drop Dead Diva and CSI: Miami, is repped by APA and Cohn/Torgan Management.
TruTV Orders Car Designer Competition Series Hosted By Brooke Burns
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV