TruTV has ordered 10 episodes of Motor City Masters, a competition series that aims to find America’s next great car designer. It’s slated to premiere in the summer. Produced by Bunim/Murray Productions and The Story Lab in collaboration with Chevrolet and hosted by Baywatch and Melrose Place alum Brooke Burns (Baywatch, Melrose Place), Motor City Masters will pit 10 designers against one another to test their limits of design expertise and creativity. The designs will be judged by Jean Jennings, president and editor in chief of Automobile magazine and renowned car designer Harald Belker. They will be joined each week by a special celebrity guest judge. The field will eventually be narrowed to two competitors, one of whom will be crowned “The Next Great Car Designer.” Winner receives a new 2014 Camaro Z28 and $100,000 cash, along with the opportunity to showcase his/her designs at major auto show exhibitions. Bunim/Murray Productions’ Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein, Rick de Oliveira and Scott Freeman will exec produce along with The Story Lab’s Lisa Eisenpresser. Bunim/Murray’s Kirk Durham serves as co-executive producer. Burns, whose TV credits also include Drop Dead Diva and CSI: Miami, is repped by APA and Cohn/Torgan Management.
TruTV Orders Car Designer Competition Series Hosted By Brooke Burns
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Unscripted Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return