Scripps Networks has reached within Travel Channel for the channel’s new president. Shannon O’Neill has been given a president title after serving three years as Travel Channel’s SVP and chief financial officer. He succeeds former Travel Channel president Laureen Ong, who announced her departure in October. O’Neill is being tasked with shepherding Travel Channel’s transformation into a lifestyle network. He will report to Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “Shannon’s mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers,” Jablin said. Travel Channel reaches more than 96 million U.S. TV households.
Travel Channel Names Shannon O’Neill President
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Kate Del Castillo Netflix Series ‘Ingobernable’ To Film In U.S.
- Hulu Confirms Skinny Bundle & Live Nation Concert Deal – Newfront
- Stacey Dash Cast As Chicago Mayor In ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’ Amid Slew Of Cameos
- Telemundo Studios Promotes Two Key Scripted Executives
- Hulu Renews ‘Mindy Project’ For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More…
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm