Scripps Networks has reached within Travel Channel for the channel’s new president. Shannon O’Neill has been given a president title after serving three years as Travel Channel’s SVP and chief financial officer. He succeeds former Travel Channel president Laureen Ong, who announced her departure in October. O’Neill is being tasked with shepherding Travel Channel’s transformation into a lifestyle network. He will report to Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “Shannon’s mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers,” Jablin said. Travel Channel reaches more than 96 million U.S. TV households.
Travel Channel Names Shannon O’Neill President
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Loses Attempt To Move 2004 Rape Trial; Actor Granted Outside Jury
- ‘Incorporated’ Canceled By Syfy After One Season
- Time Warner Shares Rise As FCC Chief Says He Probably Won’t Review AT&T Deal
- Rachelle Lefevre To Star In ‘Doomsday’ ABC Drama Pilot
- Sony Pictures Television Taps Jennifer Solari As VP Media & Talent Relations
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”