Scripps Networks has reached within Travel Channel for the channel’s new president. Shannon O’Neill has been given a president title after serving three years as Travel Channel’s SVP and chief financial officer. He succeeds former Travel Channel president Laureen Ong, who announced her departure in October. O’Neill is being tasked with shepherding Travel Channel’s transformation into a lifestyle network. He will report to Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “Shannon’s mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers,” Jablin said. Travel Channel reaches more than 96 million U.S. TV households.
Travel Channel Names Shannon O’Neill President
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast