Scripps Networks has reached within Travel Channel for the channel’s new president. Shannon O’Neill has been given a president title after serving three years as Travel Channel’s SVP and chief financial officer. He succeeds former Travel Channel president Laureen Ong, who announced her departure in October. O’Neill is being tasked with shepherding Travel Channel’s transformation into a lifestyle network. He will report to Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “Shannon’s mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers,” Jablin said. Travel Channel reaches more than 96 million U.S. TV households.
Travel Channel Names Shannon O’Neill President
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz