Scripps Networks has reached within Travel Channel for the channel’s new president. Shannon O’Neill has been given a president title after serving three years as Travel Channel’s SVP and chief financial officer. He succeeds former Travel Channel president Laureen Ong, who announced her departure in October. O’Neill is being tasked with shepherding Travel Channel’s transformation into a lifestyle network. He will report to Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “Shannon’s mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers,” Jablin said. Travel Channel reaches more than 96 million U.S. TV households.
Travel Channel Names Shannon O’Neill President
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign