Scripps Networks has reached within Travel Channel for the channel’s new president. Shannon O’Neill has been given a president title after serving three years as Travel Channel’s SVP and chief financial officer. He succeeds former Travel Channel president Laureen Ong, who announced her departure in October. O’Neill is being tasked with shepherding Travel Channel’s transformation into a lifestyle network. He will report to Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “Shannon’s mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers,” Jablin said. Travel Channel reaches more than 96 million U.S. TV households.
Travel Channel Names Shannon O’Neill President
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive