Scripps Networks has reached within Travel Channel for the channel’s new president. Shannon O’Neill has been given a president title after serving three years as Travel Channel’s SVP and chief financial officer. He succeeds former Travel Channel president Laureen Ong, who announced her departure in October. O’Neill is being tasked with shepherding Travel Channel’s transformation into a lifestyle network. He will report to Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “Shannon’s mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers,” Jablin said. Travel Channel reaches more than 96 million U.S. TV households.
Travel Channel Names Shannon O’Neill President
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming