Tom Hardy is headed to the BBC. The actor has signed on for Season 2 of gangster drama Peaky Blinders. The period series is set in Birmingham, England where the Shelby family lead the Peaky Blinders – a feared gang named for their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps. Hardy will play a charismatic leader who presents a unique opportunity to Cillian Murphy‘s Tommy Shelby. Hardy’s last dramatic turn on the small screen was in 2009 miniseries The Take which aired on Sky 1. With Peaky Blinders, he reteams with his Dark Knight Rises and Inception co-star Murphy as well as with Steven Knight who created the series and also wrote and directed Hardy feature Locke. Knight is writing all six episodes of the second season which starts shooting later this month. It will see the Shelby family expand their empire as the 1920s begin. In November, The Weinstein Company acquired U.S. TV and VOD rights for the first three seasons with an option for others. Hardy is repped by CAA and United Agents.
Tom Hardy Joins Season Two Of BBC Crime Saga ‘Peaky Blinders’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Will Bollywood Star Salman Khan’s Guilty Verdict In Fatal Hit & Run Impact Industry?
- Steven Miller Set To Direct Kellan Lutz In ‘The Feud’
- DNA Ramps Up TV Division With Projects From Nick Hornby, Alex Garland And Hilary Mantel Adaptation
- Michael Nyqvist & Famke Janssen To Star In Thriller ‘Every Good Boy Does Fine’ – Cannes
- Mongrel Boards Laura Dern-Starrer ‘The Tale'; Camera d’Or Jury Set – Cannes Briefs
- Ron Howard’s Beatles Docu To Be Sold Internationally By Studiocanal & White Horse – Cannes