Tom Hardy is headed to the BBC. The actor has signed on for Season 2 of gangster drama Peaky Blinders. The period series is set in Birmingham, England where the Shelby family lead the Peaky Blinders – a feared gang named for their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps. Hardy will play a charismatic leader who presents a unique opportunity to Cillian Murphy‘s Tommy Shelby. Hardy’s last dramatic turn on the small screen was in 2009 miniseries The Take which aired on Sky 1. With Peaky Blinders, he reteams with his Dark Knight Rises and Inception co-star Murphy as well as with Steven Knight who created the series and also wrote and directed Hardy feature Locke. Knight is writing all six episodes of the second season which starts shooting later this month. It will see the Shelby family expand their empire as the 1920s begin. In November, The Weinstein Company acquired U.S. TV and VOD rights for the first three seasons with an option for others. Hardy is repped by CAA and United Agents.
Tom Hardy Joins Season Two Of BBC Crime Saga ‘Peaky Blinders’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest International News
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Directors’ Fortnight Winners: ‘My Golden Days’, ‘Mustang’, ‘Serpent’ – Cannes
- Giuseppe Tornatore Composing Ennio Morricone Documentary – Cannes
- Meryl Streep & Hugh Grant In ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’ – First-Look Photo