Tom Hardy is headed to the BBC. The actor has signed on for Season 2 of gangster drama Peaky Blinders. The period series is set in Birmingham, England where the Shelby family lead the Peaky Blinders – a feared gang named for their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps. Hardy will play a charismatic leader who presents a unique opportunity to Cillian Murphy‘s Tommy Shelby. Hardy’s last dramatic turn on the small screen was in 2009 miniseries The Take which aired on Sky 1. With Peaky Blinders, he reteams with his Dark Knight Rises and Inception co-star Murphy as well as with Steven Knight who created the series and also wrote and directed Hardy feature Locke. Knight is writing all six episodes of the second season which starts shooting later this month. It will see the Shelby family expand their empire as the 1920s begin. In November, The Weinstein Company acquired U.S. TV and VOD rights for the first three seasons with an option for others. Hardy is repped by CAA and United Agents.
Tom Hardy Joins Season Two Of BBC Crime Saga ‘Peaky Blinders’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…