The UK’s Tinopolis Group is bolstering its U.S. presence with the acquisition of Magical Elves. Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth lead the Emmy-winning Magical Elves which was founded in 2001 and makes such shows as Top Chef and Cold Justice. It also developed and produced Project Runway for Bravo (now on Lifetime). On the feature side, Magical Elves has produced concert doc Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Follow-up, Katy Perry: Part Of Me, was Cutforth and Lipsitz’s directorial debut and the duo’s second feature as directors, Under The Electric Sky, premiered in Sundance last month. Cutforth and Lipsitz will continue to run Magical Elves under the Tinopolis Group, in which they become shareholders via the new deal. Tinopolis previously acquired A. Smith & Co and Base Productions in 2011 and also owns Pioneer, Mentorn Media, Passion Distribution and Firecracker. The group’s chairman, Ron Jones, said today, “Tinopolis has a clear strategy to continue building an international media business with a strong and diversified revenue base, producing quality programs in its home territories for the worldwide market. This is another important acquisition for us, strengthening our commitment to U.S.-based production. Magical Elves is a great company with exceptional creative leaders. We look forward to welcoming Dan and Jane to our team.” Today’s acquisition announcement, for which financials were not disclosed, is part of a growing trend that sees UK companies, think ITV, buying up properties in the U.S. and vice-versa.
Tinopolis Group Acquires ‘Top Chef’ Producer Magical Elves
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest International News
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Deadline To Launch The Contenders London Event Showcasing Film Awards Prospects