The UK’s Tinopolis Group is bolstering its U.S. presence with the acquisition of Magical Elves. Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth lead the Emmy-winning Magical Elves which was founded in 2001 and makes such shows as Top Chef and Cold Justice. It also developed and produced Project Runway for Bravo (now on Lifetime). On the feature side, Magical Elves has produced concert doc Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Follow-up, Katy Perry: Part Of Me, was Cutforth and Lipsitz’s directorial debut and the duo’s second feature as directors, Under The Electric Sky, premiered in Sundance last month. Cutforth and Lipsitz will continue to run Magical Elves under the Tinopolis Group, in which they become shareholders via the new deal. Tinopolis previously acquired A. Smith & Co and Base Productions in 2011 and also owns Pioneer, Mentorn Media, Passion Distribution and Firecracker. The group’s chairman, Ron Jones, said today, “Tinopolis has a clear strategy to continue building an international media business with a strong and diversified revenue base, producing quality programs in its home territories for the worldwide market. This is another important acquisition for us, strengthening our commitment to U.S.-based production. Magical Elves is a great company with exceptional creative leaders. We look forward to welcoming Dan and Jane to our team.” Today’s acquisition announcement, for which financials were not disclosed, is part of a growing trend that sees UK companies, think ITV, buying up properties in the U.S. and vice-versa.
Tinopolis Group Acquires ‘Top Chef’ Producer Magical Elves
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest International News
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- ‘The Bridge’ Heads To Asia After Endemol Shine Strikes Deal With SVOD Service Viu
- Saudi Arabia Moviegoing: Studio Distrib & Exhibition Bosses Debate Ticket Prices, Taxes & More At CinemaCon
- White House Mum On Possible Michael Cohen Pardon, EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Fate
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Invests In Edouard De Vesinne’s French Production Firm Incognita
- Tencent To Co-Fi Skydance’s ‘Terminator’ Reboot, Takes Chinese Distribution